Wednesday, June 01, 2005

i passed!!!

To put it simply, I PASSED!!! Yes, i've just got my examination results moments ago. Well, at the very least i know the gods are still smiling on my pathetic soul. It has nonetheless, renewed my conviction that kindness begets kindness.
I was supposed to start a tirade against tour operators and agents last night. However, on a second thought, i felt it was better to keep my mouth shut since exam results' gonna be announced in a couple of hours. Well, it DID seem to work, doesn't it?
It is, without any doubt, that i had worked very hard this semester. Unlike the first semester in school where preparation for exams means studying just days before the exams, i had actually planned (and adhered) the revision timetable. I had spent hours and hours in the library. Despite catching a viral rash in the midst of my exams, i had persisted on in my revision. Sounds corny, but yes. (I wonder if i would have said the same thing if i had failed?) It was all worth the effort.
I'm not from a rich family. My dad does not own a company waiting for me to inherit. My family income's less than 2500. Some undergrads study "for fun". But that i cannot do. I would always tell my peers that my entire family's wating for me to feed them. And that is not an exaggeration. Failure would have meant an avalanche on not only myself, but on my family members as well. A huge responsibility upon my shoulders. A responsibility so great sometimes it brings pain and frustration.
One more year of study left. The gods can be sure that i'm gonna put in lots and lots of effort the next two semesters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home