Wednesday, February 23, 2005

term break?

Went to the school library today....On a second thought, hey, i've been visiting the library daily since Monday. All because of the mid-term tests coming week. And i'm supposed to be on a "TERM BREAK" this week, where "TERM BREAK" = NO SCHOOL. The whole idea of holidays is CRAP, i'm telling you. While it's meant as a "privilege" for you to rest and condtion your body and mind for the second half of the semester, it's just pure SHAM! They start throwing assignments and "after- the- term- break tests" at you.

Lecturer: There's a holiday next week.
Students: Huh? (Some whisperings and lots of murmurings)
Lecturer: This holiday falls on our lecture day.
Students: (Enthusiastically) YESSSSSSS!!!!
Lecturer: As much as i tried to squeeze your syllables into our preceding lectures, we're still behind time.....
Students: .......
Lecturer: As such we would have to have a make-up lecture this Saturday.....
Students: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I'd never liked make-ups.

Until I entered university, i'd seldom visited libraries. There wasn't a need to then. For a start, i don't read that much. My English's too damn screwed up for me to be seen carrying a Dan Brown novel around. I'd never been to my school library during my secondary school days. Then was Singapore Polytechnic. I've only been there twice in my three years of study there.
It was quite alarming as such when i did a breakdown of one of the days this week:

1 Hour - Preparation for School
2 Hours - Travelling to School
2 Hours - Studying in Library
1 Hour - Breakfast cum Lunch
4 Hours - Studying in Library
1 Hour - Dinner
3 Hours - Studying in Library
2 Hours - Travelling back Home
2 Hours - Checking mails, Doing online schoolwork and my Blog
1 Hour - Shower and light Reading
5 Hours - Sleep

Only 5 hours of sleep compared to 4 hours of travelling each day?!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home