Thursday, June 09, 2005

ironically interesting

As most of you might know, i'm currently temping at a renowned tourist stopover. Which means i get to see lots and lots of tourists. Well, i didn't say "i get to see lots and lots of tourists from many, many different countries". Namely, they come from Japan, Korea (Gasp...), China (Hmph..), Indonesia, Taiwan, Malaysia, India, and sometimes Europe and America. I've been like working for almost a month to date. And i'm almost sure to differentiate between who belongs to which country.

As i had always said before, i'm NOT a racist. Some people just irk me, that's all. With some reading through my previous posts, you should have realised that i share the same race as these people.

I enjoy serving Japanese customers. They are most courteous and polite, always with smiles and laughter. And Japanese customers are big shoppers. Singapore, one big shopping paradise and of course, Sentosa. Logic is, when you visit Singapore, you are expected to shop and wine and dine here, NOT to appreciate the yellow flame and angsana along the sidewalks and roads. I just am DISGUSTED when people come up to me and start rattling how boring Singapore is, nothing to see....Hey, nobody forced you here. YOu should have done your homework before you came here. Obviously, my favorite Japanese had done their homework.

These people (those from my race), come all the way to Singapore to buy what, Ice Mountains and dried mangoes? Obviously, these products are one of the cheapest in the shop. What cultural shock! I could write a term paper on this. Maybe i should have been in the humanities faculty instead of engineering.

Nothing much to write about these days. Just work and no play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home