Saturday, February 26, 2005

girlfriendless

I recalled that i once read an interesting article in an Aunt Agony column in the local papers. The title stood out amongst the other articles, and that's one reason why i started reading it in the first place.
If i remember correctly, i quote : " 21 and still without a girlfriend! ". End quote.
I'm turning 25 in less than two months time. And yet to have one.

There has been lots of "this-man-can't-get-married" reports in the local papers recently. In a gist, a minority of men in Singapore can't seem to find decent lifetime partners. It isn't that they had too high an expectation of their prospective partners. Very much so, it seems, that women are rising their criterion of potential husbands. A sexist remark? You tell me.

I'm always envying couples i see. At least they have someone to share their lives with; someone you can pour your troubles out to, someone whom you can console and show affection to. Someone whom you can go out on dates with, et cetera. Someone whom i desire, but never within my grasp.

Loneliness is my friend. Ironically, but there all the time. Cold and silent He is, accompanying me most of the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home