Monday, June 20, 2005

short but okay?

If there's one thing i hate about myself, it's my inability to grow taller. As you might have known, i'm only 164 centimetres tall. Well, it does go to 165 on good days. My parents aren't tall so it might seem only logical and highly probable that their offspring's short as well. Most people i came across would say i am "not-too-bad-looking".

A typical exchange with the stall-tenants during lunch.

Bitchy Looking Auntie: Aiyoh....Boy, you got go train one ah?
Me: No i don't.
Bitchy Looking Auntie: Then how come muscle all come out?
Me: Don't know. Born with them.
Bitchy Looking Auntie: Too bad you short lah, if not very handsome one.
Me: Yah lor.....
Bitchy Looking Auntie: If not all girls go after you...
Me: ........

Being short is no laughing matter. It's a giant dent on one's ego. One just can't help but feel inferior. Look at it, primary schoolers are taller than me! What are my ancestors...Hobbits? For one, people often think i'm younger than i am. Young = Immature. Yeah, Immature in my context means making women cry in public.

At a bowling alley one day.

Girl: I don't want to bowl already.
Nerdbag Boy: What! We only played one game.
Girl: Let's watch a movie or something.
Nerdbag Boy: No! I want to bowl.
Girl: But i don't want!
Nerdbag Boy: You always like that one! Say want to bowl now don't want.
Girl: What!
Nerdbag Boy: We only played ONE game!
Girl: So?
Nerdbag Boy: YOu want to go you go. I want to play.
Girl: (Tears streaming)
Girl: (Picks up bowling ball and rolls onto the lane)
GIrl: Your turn.
Nerdbag Boy: (Looking aside sulkily) I don't want to hear. I don't want to hear.
Girl: (Tears still streaming)

Well, i was next to them. I could hear ever word they said. And i would have shafted my 15-pounder up the nerdbag's arse if my friend had not held me back.

Talk about immaturity.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

U dun have to be tall to look good...It all boils down to confidence...=)

10:44 PM  
Blogger winterfangs said...

yeah...point noted. How can an ugly, short, pathetically poor, untalented man then gain the admiration of others without them seeing him an over-zealous and egoistic man then?

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home