Wednesday, July 27, 2005

is twenty days that long?

It seemed just yesterday when i last updated my blog. How time flies when you're preoccupied with work or play...whichever! It has been twenty days since i last added an entry into my blog. Do i sound serious? Working in the customer service line does make one think before blurting crap out. Hell that...No one's gonna read my blog anymore if it sounds like some report- writing thingy you do in secondary or high school.

As i was saying, lots of stuff had happened since you last read my entry. Let's see....I had to choose my FYP, where FYP = Final Year Project. I had since been assigned one. Glad to know its one of my top choices. Well, then there was lots of lost nites over what i was gonna study this coming school-term. Sounds stupid? Hell is.

Studying in a university, in MY opinion, is akin to gambling. It used to be balloting, where balloting = blame it on your luck if you don't get chosen. Now, some genius thought of bidding, or auctioning in layman's terms. Consider bidding for modules somewhat like playing the stock market. You choose what modules or stocks you want to invest in after several sleepless nites. Next, you place your bets, carefully distributing your capital amongst your stocks. Then the round begins. You sit in front of the computer, eyes affixed on the screen, refreshing the webpage every now and then in order to capture the latest fluctuations.

Sometimes you win all, sometimes a trade-off. No one wants a complete crash.

It does pisses me off when you read prospectus and they boast of the diversity of courses and modules they have. Well, they're definitely honest about it. They just forgot to add small prints at the bottom of the page that says : Allocation of modules is not based on preference but the undergrad's luck.

Several times had i encountered modules which i was interested in. Modules which i would really like to study. But very often, either there are timetable clashes or i'm not lucky enough to successfully obtain these modules. As such, i spent the next semester doing stuff i didn't like. Pursue my dreams? Screw that, for i've taken modules that i would never had dreamed about.

One would have guessed i didn't get the modules i wanted this semester. Well, never assume, as i was told. I got all five but one module (Since the bidding round for this last one don't start until next week). Yes. Finally i can do something i want this semester. That is, of course, only if i'm able to land myself the final module.

Enough of school. It's still the holidays now. I had the chance to take a few pictures with my ex-colleagues days when they came down to the shop days ago. Pretty female colleagues! Sad to say, it's one hella-of-a-Beauty-meets-The-Beast scenario. I seldom smiled when i posed for pictures in the past. Now, i smile too much. Teeth showing. Oh my gosh, that guy's ME! What the F**K? Any beast in any Walt Disney film would have looked better and cuter than me. I'm one hella-of-an-F**King-ugly-beast. If any of you pretty colleagues are reading this, i just wanna say i'm sorry i've ruined the pictures you had posed with me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lolz.disney's beasts cuter than u?! i must agree to you on that!haha. i never expect much from pics with you,so i din blame u for da poor effects!

11:34 PM  
Blogger winterfangs said...

seems like i really need lots of effort to be on Cleo's 50 Most Eligible Bachelors' then

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home