Friday, November 10, 2006

Unemployed, once again

Yup. I'm unemployed again. No. I wasn't sent packing. Neither did i screw my boss. I left voluntarily.

Mixed feelings. On one hand, i didn't want to leave my current job. It was extremely good paying. Where else can a fresh grad obtain 5 to 6 grand every month? But it came with strings attached as well. Working almost everyday on top of 12 hour night shifts is one hell-of-a-sap-depleting task. Not to imagine being screwed somehow or rather daily. But, i didn't mind working like a dog. At least i was a RICH dog.

My mum didn't like my current job. As most of you might have known by now, my mum's very VOCAL about she thinks. I didn't get enough sleep on my shift days since she would interrupt me during my 5-hr rest in between my shifts. HELLO??? i'm working like 15-16 hrs on a night shift and i only have 5-6 hrs of sleep by the time i get home. And she wakes me up 2.5 hrs into my sleep? I would have brushed it off if such was an isolated incident, but hell NO. Everyday. Daily. Always.

And so, i tendered my resignation last week. And now, i'm jobless. With a bad repute as well. Who would want to hire a "non-fresh' grad with 5 MONTHS of working experience? And who would believe that i'd left that job because of my mum? I see myself deflowered. Unfresh. Can someone repackage me again?

Here i am, with the onus of meeting my mum's job criteria- 8 to 5 type, near to home- with no success. I live in goddamn Serangoon for goodness sake! Where am i suppose to find a respectable, full-of-prospect company here in this sorry portion of Singapore? Why wasn't i born in the western part of Singapore?

Is it too much to ask for a happy and supportive family?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hei Calvin, u never try AMD or Seagate. Think they got some branch near ur place.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home